Friday, August 12, 2011

Seniors: Do you remember the following:?

Yes, I do! I also remember the 3 color film we put over the screen (blue, red, & green; for extra fun, turn it upside down) so we could have "color" tv, soda coolers-the bottles sat in chilled water,and you'd have to wipe off the bottle on your sleeve, or have it drip all over your front, my favorite was Pal orangeade. There was a chocolate candy called Ice Cubes-I don't know why that candy tasted cold, even on a hot day, comic books were 10 cents, Mad Magazine was 25 cents. Remember the Phantom?" the ghost who walks"? how about Terry and the Pirates? I still love Betty Boop, even though she was a little before my time, and I remember playing with lincoln logs. Couldn't miss American Bandstand. Wish I still had my original Mickey Mouse ears and Davy Crockett coonskin cap, and can't forget Soupy Sales and his gang- and who could forget the Roy Rogers and Dale Evans show and Andy's Gang? I've got a gang, You've got a gang, Everybody here's got a gang, But there's only one real gang for me-Good old Andy's gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment